19 POWERFUL QUESTIONS TO ASK A REALTOR®
BEFORE YOU SIGN A LISTING CONTRACT TO SELL YOUR HOME
1. How long have you been selling real estate?
2. What is the percent of Sellers compared to Buyers that you serve?
3. Can we cancel the listing if we’re not happy?
4. Do you have a licensed personal assistant?
5. Do you recommend that I hire an lawyer/notary?
6. May I see your resume or personal brochure?
7. What systems do you have in place that will keep you in constant contact with me during the listing and the transaction?
8. Are you fully automated with your own personal computer, fax machine, copier, pager, mobile phone, etc.?
9. May I see all the paperwork that you are going to ask me to sign?
10. I want to give my home the advantage of the latest marketing strategies. How much time and money do you invest each month in professional training?
11. Why are you personally motivated to sell my house?
12. Why should I list with you rather than any other REALTOR® who is calling on me?
13. What kind of experience and training do you have in negotiations?
14. How many homes do you sell in a year?
15. Will you personally be there when contracts are presented and handle all the negotiations?
16. Do you have a web site?
17. Will you directly market the property on the Internet?
18. Do you follow-up on all showings on the house and report the comments back to me?
19. What part of your business is from referrals/past clients?
It’s likely that you don’t interview people very often. And yet, in order to find the REALTOR® who is right for you, you may interview several. The quality of your home selling experience is dependent upon your skill at selecting the person best qualified.
The world is populated with REALTORS® who are wrong for you. For example, the housewife who sells an occasional house because she needs a little pocket change, or the insurance salesman who believes he can handle two careers, or perhaps your cousin, who really needs your business.
The sale of your home could well be the most important financial transaction you have ever been involved with. The person you select can make it a satisfying and profitable activity, or a terrible experience. It’s your home, and your money. The choice of your REALTOR® is up to you. Make the selection carefully.
The trade marks displayed on this site, including CREA®, MLS®, Multiple Listing Service®, and the associated logos and design marks are owned by the Canadian Real Estate Association. REALTOR® is a trade mark of REALTOR® Canada Inc., a corporation owned by Canadian Real Estate Association and the National Association of REALTORS®. Other trade marks may be owned by real estate boards and other third parties. Nothing contained on this site gives any user the right or license to use any trade mark displayed on this site without the express permission of the owner.