Considering a Career in Real Estate
We’re Ready for You to Get Started!
Agents who join our team are delighted with the support and business tools they receive to help them successfully complete their licensing requirements.
Not sure if real estate is a career that would suit your character or lifestyle or uncertain about sales in general? We would be happy to arrange a private and confidential meeting with you, please submit the following questionnaire and we will be in touch with you shortly. We’ll answer all your questions and get you acquainted with how we work. Based on all of this information, one of our Career Development Associates will contact you and guide you through the next steps. Our support begins right then and there!
STEPS TO OBTAIN A REAL ESTATE LICENSE
- Want to know if a Real Estate Career is right for you? Apply for an interview here and complete our Personality Profile or contact us for a confidential consultation today.
- Request Real Estate Course information and application from the University of British Columbia at Sauder UBC – Real Estate Division
- To take the Real Estate Course you do not need to be sponsored by Real Estate Company. However, to take advantage of the Royal LePage Kelowna training programs offered you do need to be signed up by a Royal LePage Kelowna office.
- Complete registration forms, payable by certified cheque or credit card and return to U.B.C. Course cost is $1150.
- By Fax: 1-604-822-1900
- By Mail: Real Estate Division, UBC
PO Box 5380 Station Terminal
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 5N4
- By Telephone: 1-888-776-7733
- Online: http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/Real_Estate_Division/About_The_Real_Estate_Division
- Notice of acceptance will be sent by mail. Contact Royal LePage Management immediately upon receiving course materials for scheduling dates of tutorial classes and review sessions.
Obtaining a Real Estate License
The Real Estate Trading Services Licensing Course is administered on behalf of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia (RECBC). The course provides the licensing education requirements for those who wish to become licensed as a trading services representative.
This self-paced online course allows you to register, begin the course and work at your own pace. You must complete all course assignments within one year of registration in the course and also pass a final examination. Regularly scheduled exams take place at various times throughout the year throughout the province (exams must be written in Canada) and your first written examination registration is included with the course tuition fee. You may also choose to take your exam at the computerized exam centre (CEC) at UBC for an additional fee.
For pre-requisite and English language proficiency requirements, please visit Sauder School of Business website at
http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/Real_Estate_Division/Licensing_Courses/Real_Estate_Trading_Services for the most current information.
Upon completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Licensing Course, the applicant has satisfied the licensing educational qualification in British Columbia for a representative’s license restricted to provide real estate trading services and will qualify you to work for a licensed brokerage.
You will also need to complete the Residential or Commercial Trading Services Applied Practice Real Estate Course offered by the Real Estate Council of BC (RECBC). This course, which must be taken by all trading service representatives, is intended to build upon the technical knowledge provided in the Real Estate Trading Services Licensing course.
Effective, January 2015 and beyond the following changes occur:
- Upon completing and passing your Real Estate Licensing course and exam through UBC Sauder School of business, you will apply for entrance into a mandatory 6-month training program that will be offered 3 times per year. This program consists of 3 stages:
- Stage 1 is 2 weeks of practical training, upon successful completion a temporary real estate license will be issued and you will be accepted to stage 2 of training.
- Stage 2 training is a 4.5 month, non-instructor-led, online-based course. Upon successful completion, you will be accepted to stage 3 of training.
- Stage 3 is a live 2 day, hands-on assessment and training. This may need to be taken in Vancouver.
- Once all 3 stages are complete, a full real estate license will be issued.
For the most up to date information regarding the Real Estate Trading Services Licensing Course, please visit their website at www.RECBC.ca/licensing/career.html
Should you have any further questions please contact our Kelowna office, 250-860-1100.
**ONCE YOU HAVE MADE THE DECISION TO GET STARTED OR HAVE STARTED THE LICENSING PROCESS, PLEASE RETURN TO OUR SITE TO SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST. WE WILL HELP YOU BUILD A TIMELINE AND BEGIN THE ACTUAL PREPARATION FOR A SUCCESSFUL REAL ESTATE CAREER PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE LICENSING PROCESS. THANK YOU*